Preconference Workshop: Thursday, November 9 2017, 9.30 - 17.30h
Room: Szenario 2
Dolores Mosquera, director of the Institute for the Study of Trauma and Personality Disorders (INTRA-TP), A Coruña, Spain
Adverse childhood experiences and early trauma can affect the developmental trajectory of the future adult profoundly. In clients with a history of trauma, early attachment disruptions increase the risk of developing complex trauma disorders such as Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and dissociative disorders.
Understanding the role of attachment is crucial for case conceptualization and treatment. Overt abuse can be targeted and resolved through EMDR reprocessing in a pretty straightforward manner when there is secure attachment, but insecure and disorganized attachment can interfere with reprocessing in different ways.
Tools to enhance EMDR reprocessing in cases with attachment disturbances will be illustrated through videos and case examples. Treatment of adverse childhood experiences including particularities of sexual abuse will also be illustrated.
Dolores Mosquera is psychologist and psychotherapist. She is the director of three Private Practice Clinics, specializing in the treatment of Personality Disorders, complex trauma and dissociation. She has been trained in several psychotherapeutic approaches and is an EMDR Europe Supervisor and Facilitator. She has extensive teaching experience, leading seminars, workshops and lectures throughout Spain and Europe. She has published 12 books and many articles on personality disorders, complex trauma and dissociation and is a recognized expert in this field.
For additional information:
- Institute for the Study of Trauma and Personality Disorders, A Coruña, Spain
- Mosquera, D., Gonzalez, A. & Leeds, A. (2014). Early experience, structural dissociation, and emotion dysregulation in borderline personality disorder. Borderline Personality Disorder and Emotion Dysregulation. 1:15:
- Mosquera D., Leeds, A. & Gonzalez, A. (2014) Application of EMDR Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder. Journal of EMDR, Practice and Research. 8, (2): 74-89.
- Mosquera, D., Gonzalez, A., & Van der Hart, O. (2011). Borderline personality disorder, childhood trauma and dissociation of the personality structure. Persona, 11 (Supp.1): 44-73. (Spanish version pp:10-40)
- Mosquera, D. & Gonzalez, A. (2011). Del apego temprano al TLP [From Early Attachment to BPD.]. Revista Mente y Cerebro, 46: 18-27.
- Van der Hart, O., Groenendijk, M., Gonzalez, A., Mosquera, D., & Solomon, R. (2014). Dissociation of the Personality and EMDR Therapy in Complex Trauma-Related Disorders: Applications in Phase 2 and 3 Treatment. Journal of EMDR, Practice and Research, 8 (1): 33-48.
- Van der Hart, O., Groenendijk, M., Gonzalez, A., Mosquera, D., & Solomon, R. (2013). Dissociation of the personality and EMDR therapy in complex trauma-related disorders: Applications in the stabilization phase. Journal of EMDR Practice and Research, 7(2), 81-94.
Unique 2-day intensive training on adverse childhood experiences and attachment with internationally renowned experts: